As a part of SFCC, the caregivers' program offers free, professional, and confidential services, which include:
- Up to five individual consultation sessions to explore the caregiver's concerns;
- Support groups for caregivers
- Educational presentations on caregiver issues
- Information about community resources available to seniors and caregivers
- Follow-up as needed
SFCC counselors communicate regularly with caregiving resources in order to remain knowledgeable about available community referrals. However, SFCC does not rank or evaluate any caregiving resource.
The SFCC library contains a variety of resources addressing the issues of aging. Materials in the library include:
- A directory of government social services
- Books, brochures, videos, and various publications
- Placement options; local, state and nationwide
- Legal information relating to the elderly
- Home health services
Groups and Educational Presentations
SFCC provides information on senior caregiving issues through groups, educational presentations, and periodic articles in Ion Caltech.